Use full screen for better viewing.

"New Dormitory Erected by the State School for Feeble-Minded at Salem"

Loading...
Thumbnail Image

Date

1908-10~

Creators

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

Abstract

Description

At the time of the photograph the institute was officially known as the "Oregon Institute of the Feeble-Minded". Last known as "Fairview Training Center" when it closed permanently in 2000. All buildings were demolished March 2016. Caption from: https://oregonnews.uoregon.edu/lccn/sn99063957/1910-05-07/ed-1/seq-9/. Photo was taken between Sept 1 - Nov 30 1908, and is of either the Steele or Jones cottage; Photo identified through research by Daryl Pike in 2018.
Black and White

Keywords

Citation