Use full screen for better viewing.
Manuel Izquierdo in his studio
This photograph shows the interior of the studio building that Manuel Izquierdo built in the 1960s, behind his house and across the yard from the old studio pictured in Don Normark's collage. Two of the sculptures included in this view are displayed in the Henderson-Rubio Gallery on the ground floor of the museum beginning January 19, 2013: Spring (1957; welded scrap iron), one of Izquierdo's first welded metal sculptures, seen in the left foreground, now in the collection of the Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland. Monument No. 1 (1965; welded stainless steel), partially seen directly behind Izquierdo, now in the collection of the City of Portland (ordinarily on view at the Ira Keller Auditorium).